Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Muscle Mustang Club

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» She is coming together
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:10 pm by jarhed123

» TCI converter question
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:05 am by dee&joe

» new guy and gal from hialeah
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:25 pm by dee&joe

» Pics of the vette
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 8:00 pm by blackout2012

» 03/04 SVT Cobra Steering Wheel
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:19 pm by DinoSVT

» London Square Meet 8/16/2013
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:51 pm by madmaxx72

» 2010-12 BOSS lower front valance
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 am by madmaxx72

» New guy from South Beach
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:55 pm by lobo_loco

» New member from Cutler bay
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:46 pm by lobo_loco

Poll
Top posters
FR1 (74)
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed I_vote_lcapVenom GT: Turbo Build Completed I_voting_barVenom GT: Turbo Build Completed I_vote_rcap 
antonio1988 (73)
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed I_vote_lcapVenom GT: Turbo Build Completed I_voting_barVenom GT: Turbo Build Completed I_vote_rcap 
DinoSVT (42)
STEEDALEEN (36)
SonicSVT (31)
RKT SHP (20)
Muscle Stangs of Miami (18)
HG6015 (14)
jarhed123 (13)
classickid57 (12)
Statistics
We have 96 registered users
The newest registered user is Dennerz

Our users have posted a total of 434 messages in 140 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 86 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:04 am

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
antonio1988

antonio1988

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Empty
PostSubject: Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed   Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:29 pm

First off I would like to thank Dade County Customs for their devotion to doing things the right way and staying with me late (4am late lol) to get my car up and running, even with my installer having just gotten into an accident during the install. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing anything done for their cars and their pricing is amongst the fairest you will find.

I would also like to thank Tom and AJ over at Amped Speedlab for their offer to sponsor me and assist me in getting everything that I needed to get this all done, best guys in the business to buy from, period!

Lastly, I would like to thank Chris from Blow By Racing for his dedication to his craft and once again leaving me in shock at just how much he cares for his customers. Chris stayed tuning my car until 11:30pm and that is because he wasn't happy with the results and wanted my car to run as smooth as possible. Chris and John are class act people and like I always do, if you need a tune, Chris is your man.

The kit is one the car and it is up and running and I have already put 300 miles on the car and the kit really is very good for the price. The kit is being run basically the way it came from On 3 Performance with no upgrades present other than having the hot side coated. The car is only making 6.8psi and is putting down 408/413 to the tire through my built 5R55S and TCI 3000 Stall Converter. I will post the graph when I get a hold of it. The turbo spools up rather quickly: fully spooled up at just about 3000rpm and it pulls HARD. The BOV sounds amazing! Other things to be noted is that this kit DOES indeed fit on an automatic and yes, it is a bit low and when you take into account the fact that I have a 1.7" and 1.9" drop, well, you get the picture. The flex piping has already helped quite a bit and allows for the piping to be VERY forgiving.

Here are some pics of the car during the end of the build with captions:

The way the kit calls for the intercooler to be installed places it where it really doesn't get any air. Since I was already removing my front swaybar anyways, I took the two brackets for the relocation and used them to mount the intercooler, which is very solidly mounted might I add. It is now nearly completely exposed in the bottom opening and my billet grill allows for air to flow in freely. IAT temps are roughly 92*-102* when I'm driving and got as hot as 112* when I got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic today, but please note that it is 102* outside today.

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0692
Back to top Go down
antonio1988

antonio1988

PostSubject: Re: Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed   Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:29 pm

This pipe, which is shaped like a "?" had to be mangled into place and became the source for a leak since it mounted up to the flange of the driver's side header, so I took it to the exhaust shop and had it slightly modified; now it fits right in and creates a nice tight seal and is no longer a S.O.B. to get clamped up.

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0707

This is the lowest point on the entire car and WILL be problematic for very low cars. Here is a picture of the exhaust after I had the last two pieces of turbo exhaust piping cut and welded together to make it actually quite easy to drive and not worry about hooking the clamp on a bump in the road, which I did btw:

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0706

And here is a pic of the clamp that used to be there for a grand total of 3 hours:

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0716
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0715

Here is a picture of the car on the dyno:

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0699

Some pics of the way the kit looks installed on a very low car. TurboPete saw my car today at a picnic for a local club and mentioned that that is EXACTLY how his Hellion kit looked on his car as he had the same tire and spring setup that I have now.

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0703
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0704
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0705
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0708

And here's the engine shots!

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0709
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0710
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0711
Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed IMG_0712
Back to top Go down
antonio1988

antonio1988

PostSubject: Re: Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed   Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Luis wrote:
awesome bro saw it yesterday outstanding and enjoy brother nothing like a blown mustang

Luis
thanks man and yes, there is nothing like boost
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed   Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom GT: Turbo Build Completed
Page 1 of 1